Our focus today is on how to register for an Amazon KDP account. I am sure you already know that KDP stands for Kindle Direct Publishing.
Watch this video on how to create book series pages on Amazon KDP. Watch it now
Why you should register for an Amazon KDP account
You should register for an Amazon KDP account if you are an author because of the following reasons:
- It’s free to publish your ebooks on the platform
- Amazon has over 70 percent of the ebook publishing market
- Amazon website and search engine is a reference point for ebook readers
- Amazon has lots of promotional and marketing programs that can give you ebooks a huge lift in publicity and marketing
- It’s so easy to get started and publish your ebooks on the platform
How to register for an Amazon KDP account: a picture guide
Now, it’s to learn how to register for an Amazon KDP account:
- Visit https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/
- When you get there click sign up
- When you get there click ‘Create a new KDP account’ at the bottom.
- Then enter simple Information like your first name, surname, and email.
- Then click ‘Create New KDP account’
You are done. You will be able to log in to your account with the login details you entered.
You should understand that you will still have to enter other details like tax information and contact information before you will be able to publish your first Kindle ebook.
A future article will cover these basic registrations.
Note that if you already have the general Amazon account, you can use that to register a new Amazon KDP account. You don’t have to go through the steps above.
You will use the existing Amazon login details to sign in when you get to the login page above.