Do you want to place a hold on Amazon KDP royalties (Kindle Direct Publishing)? Do you have any reason to stop Amazon from paying your ebook royalties into your account at the end of the month?
If you don’t know what Amazon reviews are, please watch this video now.
What are Amazon KDP royalties?
Amazon KDP royalties are the income from your ebook sales on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). Amazon pays Kindle authors at the end of every month into their specified bank account.
Amazon pays any due royalties or ebook income after 60 days of the sale. This is to give room for refunds.
Related: Check out our publishing services
Why would you want to place a hold on Amazon KDP royalties?
You would like to place a hold on your Amazon KDP royalties for the following reasons:
- You are still yet to take a firm decision on the payment platform you want to use to collect your royalties. The default payment method from Amazon is by Check.
- You want to allow your royalties to accumulate before you have them sent into your account
- You want to avoid paying excessive commission from the payment platform you will use. For example, in our case, we use Payoneer to receive payment but Payoneer deducts $1 from the payment received even if it is $1.20. If it’s $0.29, Payoneer takes everything. This is expensive!
Related: How to register for Payoneer
How to place a hold of your KDP royalties
The following are the ways you place a hold on your Amazon KDP royalties:
- Write an email to Amazon support through their contact form at the bottom of your Amazon KDP Dashboard
- Ask them to place a hold on your Amazon KDP royalties until you ask them to do otherwise.
- You will have to send another email to them to remove the hold on your payment when you are ready to receive the payment
We wanted to stop the monthly payment of our Amazon KDP royalties to avoid excessive commission from Payoneer. We sent an email to Amazon support and the following was their response.
We can place a hold on your royalties for you. The hold will only be removed from your account upon your request, or if the address or payment method listed on your account is changed. You can request the removal of the hold at any time. If you wish to go ahead with placing your payments on hold, please reply to this email.
You can release your payment hold whenever you want by contacting us here:
You can also keep track of your sales at any time by visiting:
I hope this helps.
Thanks for using Amazon KDP,
I believe this post will help you to place a hold on Amazon KDP royalties. Share this post with friends. Let me also read your comment.