These 9 ways to republish a book on Amazon will help you to understand how to republish an old Kindle book already published on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (Amazon KDP). Well, you may be wondering why you have to republish a book on Amazon, this post will show you how.
What does it mean to Republish a book on Amazon?
To republish a book on Amazon is all about publishing an already published book on Amazon again and taking the old edition off the bookshelf on Amazon (this is optional but necessary). Amazon sees this process as if you have just published an entirely new book.
I did that with my book, How to react to night dreams and the effect was great on the new publication.
A book that was published about three years ago and with no visible sales and no reviews suddenly came alive. It moved up on the New Release chart when I republished it.
Republish a book on Amazon: Why authors do it
Most authors republish their books on Amazon for different reasons. Some of these reasons are as follows:
- Authors republish books on Amazon because they have written a new edition that has more facts and information than the already published one
- Authors republish books on Amazon because they want to relaunch and rebrand the books on a bigger scale
- Authors republish books on Amazon because the changes that you want to make on the books are huge and an update will not be wise to do at this stage. Amazon may not also allow such a huge update to an old book.
- Authors republish books on Amazon when they have a piece of more correct information about the topic or the theme of the book. That was exactly what happened with my book. I had more revelations and better information about the book topic.
- Authors republish books on Amazon when they want to break a bigger book into smaller sets of books. I did that with my book, How to Start Profitable Organization. They were broken down into different shirt ebooks. I figured out that the theme of the old book was too big and my intended audience may prefer shorter books to treat the same topic.
- Authors republish books on Amazon KDP when they want to change the format of their print books on Amazon. On Amazon KDP, the print is fixed and cannot be changed after the print book is published. If you intend to change the format, you will need to republish the book as a new one.
- Authors republish books when they want to change metadata information of their books like title, the subtitle of the book, or even the author name. Though I have been able to carry out these changes successfully on Amazon in a simple update of my books, it’s however advisable to republish your book as a new book when you want to make these changes.
- Authors can also Republish their books to do away with bad reviews. Those bad reviews can hurt your book’s visibility on Amazon. But authors on Amazon have come to live with this. So the best bet is for you to republish the nook.
- When you republish your book on Amazon, the book will enjoy the new publication promotion from Amazon for newly published books. As I mentioned earlier on, my book, sold some copies and was number one on the New Releases list when I republished it.
I hope you love this. I want you to share this post with your friends on social media. I would like to read your comment on this post.